VRA Awards and Scholarships
VRA CANADA FELLOWSHIP AWARD
The VRA Canada Fellowship Award is a distinction reserved for a select group of members whose accomplishments in the field of Vocational Rehabilitation are deemed fitting of this prestigious award.
Nominations are accepted and reviewed by the Board of Directors. Successful nominees and their nominators will be notified upon the decision of the Board. The nominated member will be recognized at the next National Conference and in a formal letter from the President of the Association to all the Association members.
In order to be considered for this award, the member must:
• Be a member in good standing.
• Be a member in excess of 10 years.
• Have provided expertise that has dramatically changed the profession and/or the association and is recognized as an expert and contributor within the VR community and the Association.
• Have contributed to academic excellence, writings and research.
• Have made significant contributions to the evolution of the Association through advocacy, public/government relations, policy, and committee work.
• Have demonstrated excellence in their contribution.
This nomination form must also be accompanied by a letter outlining the nominee’s contribution to the Association, the profession and to professionals.
Submissions must be received in the office by September 11, 2020 at 4:00 PM EST
2020 Student Scholarship Award
VRA Canada is pleased to have the opportunity to support the education of a future or current vocational rehabilitation professional.
One (1) scholarship in the amount of $1000 is available to be awarded at the 2020 VRA Conference.
Students are the future of the profession!
• Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution, and be enrolled in a diploma, degree, graduate degree or certificate program with a focus in Vocational Rehabilitation, Disability Management, Rehab Counselling, Vocational Evaluation, or another related competency.
• A resident of Canada.
• Applicants must complete the application form and submit it to Nanci at the National office by the deadline of September 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM EST
• Applicants must submit a copy of their Resume/CV.
• Applicants must answer, in 300 words or less, one of the following questions:
Why have you chosen a career in vocational rehabilitation?
What do you see as a challenge facing the vocational rehabilitation profession and why is it important?
An application form will be made available and must be completed and submitted to email@example.com by the deadline of April 14, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST.
About the Award:
Terms of Reference
• This is not an annual program. It is discretionary and will be limited to a set of criteria established by the granting body.
• The VRA Canada Board, at their discretion, may determine to grant these awards from time to time.
• This is a one-time scholarship of $1000. There is one award available.
• The award will be granted at the VRA 2020 Conference.
• It is intended that scholarship funds are to be applied to tuition fees for the current term, or the next available term when the recipient is enrolled in courses.
• Applications will be reviewed to ensure the individual meets the student requirements and the awards criteria establish by the granting body. The recipient will be selected by the VRA Canada Education Committee
• Recipients will be notified by email or letter.
• Before releasing funds, the successful applicant will be asked to submit proof of enrollment.
Service to VRA Award
VRA is please to announce its annual recognition of excellence in service in this Call for Nominations for the Service to VRA Award.
Who can Nominate?
Individual members are invited to nominate candidates for the Service to VRA Award. Please note that current members of the VRA Board of Directors are not eligible to nominate candidates or sign letters of support for nominees.
Content of Nominations
In order to be considered by the Board of Directors for a Service to VRA Award, each nomination must be supported by a minimum of two letters of support. Collectively, these letters should address the criteria for the award by including examples of activities with the time frame and the significance of the activity.
The Service to VRA Award is granted to one (or more) individual who is a member of VRA and has made a significant contribution to the work of VRA. This contribution would normally be made over a period in excess of two years; however, individuals who have performed in exemplary fashion during a shorter period may receive the award. The nomination is to include examples of demonstrated experience or activity and specify the time frame and significance of this activity.
While work at a society or local level will be considered in determining the award, the individual’s contribution should be predominantly at the national level or produce national benefit. Contributions may take the form of service on the VRA Board of Directors or a committee of VRA, publications, organizational development initiatives, management of programs and projects or international representation relevant to VRA.
Please ensure that both letters of support are submitted together by September 11, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST